Monday, August 1, 2011

My Final week in the past...

This is a dedication for those who still have Finals this upcoming week... :P

One thing that stuck in my head when I was on final week... was the MEAL hahahahahaha...
I think this habit happened since I was in the Fourth grade in Junior high school. I remember, my father or my mother would pick me up and brought me to a restaurant every time I finished my first exam... :)

My mom would bring me to one of my favorite restaurants, Makassar Cafe, it was called. They served Western food. It's a cafe attached to a Chinese Restaurant - named Makassar Suki and a theater. My mom's favorite at that restaurant was chicken in the basket. I would ask for Lasgna. :)

My father on the other hand would bring me to Indonesian restaurant. He favored Gado-gado so much, so we would go to a small restaurant that has been in town since my parents were in college. I didn't really like it, hahaha but I liked the fried noodle, so my pa would eat his gado-gado, and I would enjoy my fried noodle. Sometimes, we went to a Javanese restaurant near by our house. Again, he would order gado-gado or oxtail soup. I would order rawon.

Then, I moved to Seattle. Nothing really special when I was in Final Week. I didn't see it as a special occasion unfortunately. Perhaps, I was not really serious about school. It went just like other ordinary day. University life changed everything though. Meal on Final week became a Highlight once again... hahaha...

The most memorable time was my last 2 semesters. Fall 2010 and Spring 2011. We always began with Meal at the Dining Hall, I would happily invite them to eat at the dining hall in my resident hall. A week before final, I would stock up my fridge and my room with small snacks as my lunch. For instance, oreo, yogurt, milk, and crackers hahaha. Don't forget, bread.
However, there was a little twist or I may say an Upgrade for my Final meal hehehe.

 
Half Priced frappucino hehheeh
 
The Meja Sesajen
ahh... beautiful memory... :)
Having a study night as well as gossiping....
Having a serious study in Computer Lab or Study places...
I definitely make sure that I will tell this story to my Kids in the future... saying that Final week can be a very Fun weeeek! Stressful yet Memorable...

CVB

No comments:

Post a Comment