Wednesday, December 2, 2015

#48HoursAway - second December Series

It has happened in November, but I include it as my second story of December Series because it has a significant impact on me. That particular event is the reason why I feel so excited and ready for December.

These past few days, you have seen none other things than this hashtag - #48HoursAway on my social media! Yes! I got too excited about this trip because it turned out to be.... a ultimate series of answers, a thanksgiving getaway, and surely a big reunion frenzy. It is all because of Mr. Anton again! Why on earth he got an idea to have "thanksgiving dinner" while we are in Indonesia. We don't celebrate thanksgiving in Indonesia. But, he did host this party. And I think only him could think something as ridiculous like this. Additionally, I also think I was a bit crazy to agree to this whole idea.
One fine day, there was a message via facebook messanger, a group message to be precised. It was about this whole gathering. From 8 people down to only 5 people who agree to meet. I did agree because I thought it was the chance for me to meet up with Sara and spend time in Bogor. We have been talking about meeting up for months. The chance were never come until that message came in. So, I grabbed it, said yes, found a ticket, and bam... I was in the plane ready for my weekend getaway. . FYI, Sara and Anton and I were united because of one odd thing; alcohol. But, don't get me wrong, we are a responsible drinker ;) and devoted Catholic as well.

Anyway... days after I told everybody else that I bought the ticket, Sara told me that Atay is getting married! Atay is one of "petinggi" of Mudika Seattle. Both me and Sara knew each other from Mudika. The wedding would be held on Friday 27th when I arrived. Initiative planning was we went to the holy matrimony because Sara was concerning about her 3 years old baby had to stay up late two consecutive nights for our 'thanksgiving dinner' would be held on the Saturday the 28th.
D-1 she told me that it was OK for us to go to the reception instead. It had a bigger chance to meet up with everybody else. Therefore, there we were greeted everybody. Had so much fun meeting familiar face once we were in Seattle. It's been about 5 or 6 years I haven't met them. The night went out and the morning came.


As a die hard fan of Dee, me and Sara decided to pay a visit to Filosofi Kopi, Melawai. Of course we visited a local coffee shop at Bogor called Imahnini gallery and coffee shop. I love that place! Vintage and cozy. Even the TV is still black and white, and it has a rustic piano which still could be played. Yeyeyeye. Had a little jam with Sara ( we were in the music group of Mudika for a while).


Then, we went to Melaway. To be honest with you, I think I would not go back there again. The ambience was a bit off, like everybody was in rush, the coffee was OK, but the churros was one of the best I would say.Well, the coffeeshop is very photogenic






Then, the night was coming. We arrived at Hang Lekir street just at the same time with the other party, Bejo. Gosh, I haven't met Bejo for 5 years. Anton btw I met by coincidence before, and me and Sara managed to meet him again earlier this year (story is here)


Proceed to the dinner, instead of turkey and pumpkin pie, we had ayam bakar, casserole, mie goreng, and kare ayam, don't forget rice and kerupuk of course. Desserts were chocolate pudding, banana bread, and crispy almond. And yes... booster.


Ah, that night was one of the happiest moments ever. Added as one of the high lights in my 2015 fanfare. It's been a while I haven't felt the joy of gathering with friends. I have been moving around too much, and only went out with a person or two. We had a lot of fun. We reminisced some old times, gave updates of each other, brought new member (spouse, brother, and kid), and had a lot of fun.



Do you know the feeling of meeting the right people in the right moment?
I want to say that I met them because I needed to meet them, the universe has made us to meet so. Ah.. I wish I really can express this well. Let me just use the words; impulsive and intuition. I hope this can lead you to the idea I am trying to share here. This trip was one of an impulsive action. I could say that it was lead by an intuition that I did not realize at first.
It turns out this journey has helped me to solve one little problem that I have. Sorry, but I think I have to add word in Bahasa for the sake of writing.
Sadar nggak sadar, I have been struggling with one particular case that myself has no courage to really step in and solve it. Parts of myself knew the answer already. A guess. Maybe that's why I did not dare to even ask about it. I let it settled in the bottom of my consciousness. However, this whole trip has helped me to put a period in it. Case closed.
I've been thinking that the whole universe was in conspiracy. I knew from the beginning that this trip was no ordinary trip. Impulsive trip has its own charm. It turned out to be finding answers. It is indeed 'a series of answer.' Every event happened, out of what I have been wondering. I was asking myself when I would be in a wedding where I could meet friends that I haven't met before. You know that I kept moving around so sadly I got little wedding invitation from my circle because they knew it would be hard to me to travel. But hey, Atay got the jackpot (or I may say, I got the jackpot). I was asking myself when I could meet my fellow Mudika Seattle peeps, and hey... there was the wedding night. I was asking myself when I could go to Bogor, and you knew the answer already.
One last miracle, I also got a chance to meet my friend from Minneapolis at the very same night :)
How blessed I am

I am glad that this fragile heart has a strength to shout out, to be listened. I am glad that I chose to listen to it. To let it lead the way.
This is always fascinating. I am glad that my heart still has its ability to show me the right way just  like before. Precisely, this year, I have so many events that was absurd but turned out to be 'I got what I needed'. It's been done.

I also realize one thing. My #48HoursAway trip is a thanksgiving trip.
Yes, I am grateful for this trip.

Enough said :)

More to come in other December series. Stay tune


CVB

No comments:

Post a Comment