Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Travelling Stories - Third December Series

Continuing to the previous post, I think it is legit to share about my travelling stories in 2015.
Started from January to the latest November's.
Travelling this year were so meaningful. Each one of them. I am honestly not an adventure seeker like hiking or diving person (well, if there's a chance, I will say... "why not" though). My travelling for this year was all between work and personal matter. I love each story of it. Tiap tempat punya ceritanya masing-masing. Each place has its own story. Most of them, I have shared in posts. I am just going to do a recap and maybe add a little 'feel' about it.

January 30th until the first week of February, I travelled for work. Roadshow. Education expo. I went to all cities; Bali, Bandung and Jakarta. Meaning, the whole week. I had so much fun. I got to meet friends, new partners, new fellow colleagues, get to know my colleagues more. Roadshow was always fun. Tiring but fun. This year I made a chance to meet with Mama Henny (my mom in Bali) and also Sara and Anton haha. Not to forget, I got to meet my AIS friends. That's when I got invited as ASTUMA  - Asosiasi tukang makan. I love how people in group gather together, made a plan, and hung out. Sharing stories and fun. Check out the whole story here

All crew

with my AIS friends

Second week of February, I went home for a wedding which I would share to you later in this series. Long story short, I got reunited with a big family of Budhi. I met complete package of Budhi second generations (My dad's siblings), had little fun with them, and it was a pleasant wedding party. I love this side of my Budhi clan. There's no age barrier. Olds and Youngs hung out together, posed for goofy picture, played games, got punished and so on. We are all very closed to each other, to the extended family as well. Like my dad's cousins, even the children. I am so lucky that I have family like this. This particular trip has given me insight about 'marriage and career'. I have talked about it in here. Around that time, I have been assigned to be in charge of Malang office. And, I was also still single. People kept wishing that I would have my own wedding soon. Amen to that.
Budhi clan

March, I travelled to Hongkong for a sad story. My aunt, my mom's cousin, passed away. I have shared about it in here. It was a 72 hours trip including 6 hours in KLIA. I was literally at my grand uncle's place giving him a company. It was my first trip because of a funeral. I have never done it before. Fun fact, my first time to Hongkong was for this aunt's wedding, and then 16 years later, I came back for her funeral. It was a sad yet heartwarming journey. I did not really know my mom's extended family compared to my dad's, but the grand uncle was the only one left from my grand pa's siblings. I was really grateful that he and his wife recognized me. I got a chance to get to know my second cousins as well. It was nice. But yes, sad. The whole story can be found here


April, US Trip. One of the most anticipated trip ever. Best birthday gift. I reconciled with my past here, especially Chicago where I had a little sad story happened when I first went there. However, I dared to look back and made a peace with a painful past. And, I still love Chicago. Favorite city in the world!!! I even got a jackpot to visit Washington DC, to see Abraham Lincoln from my own eyes! Don't forget the first musical ever!
I have told in several posts about the whole trip



May, moved to Malang. I hate packing! that's all! haha. Moving to Malang made me state that I don't want to move city again, if I have to find an end, it would be in Makassar. No more adventuring like this. I have enough. I was at the point where I found it was more tiring to move than exciting. I was tired to adapt again. I lost hope. But, surprisingly, Malang has treated me pretty well.

June, I enjoy Ramadhan at Malang.


July, Going home for lebaran, trapped in Juanda again. Oh my fate. I am always lingered with vulcanic erruption. But, many good things happened because of this whole trap case. I could meet Cath2 again, I have promised her to stay at her house whenver I went to Surabaya, I could have a little luxury in Tunjungan Plaza, got a pair of jeans for me, and I made friends because of our mutual condition.

August, I went to Surabaya for another wedding; this time was the son of my dad's cousin. I knew most of his cousin especially the Mangitungs. I have known each one of them, and was an honor to meet them with their children and grand children. I am a family person. I love getting to know extended family. Exchanging short updates. If I were in the sims, my aspiration is 'family' hahaha. I enjoyed event like this.

Towards the end of August and early September, I went to Surabaya and Jakarta for work. Another education expo week. It was a short trip. In Surabaya, I had little reunion with fellow colleagues and partners. In Jakarta, I made it to meet my fellow Minnesotans (Indonesian students who studied at UofM). We finally could meet. Most of us came home for good. We shared odds about adapting back, about working environment, even society (oh please). We did share similar experience before, so it was a pleasant conversation. Looking at how we have similar vision as well.



September was the busiest, I only stayed in Malang for the whole month.

October, I went to Surabaya again for a sweet escape with my fellow 'orang gunung'. She is my cousin's cousin (get it?). We have grown up together and met again in Surabaya before she moved to another city. We both moved up to the mountains (different island), around the same time. We wanted to have a little city taste; thus, we agreed to meet again. Shopping like there was no tomorrow. We bought so much, we had fun, and bills piled up. hahaha but, it was worth it.



November, Jakarta - Bogor. You knew it already. I have posted in here. It was like a grand finale of the journey here. It was like a last stop to let myself really prepare for December when everything needs to be settled for the new year. I was really grateful for this journey beyond what I could ask. I found man answers to my prayers there. It was only 3 days 2 night journey but it gave a lot.

I can say that from January to now was like a red thread. Each travelling has been an ammunition for the next one. Each travelling has its own purpose. To refresh, to heal, to bound, to halt, to reconcile, to support.
Just like saying.
"Travel far enough, you'll meet yourself" - David Michael. I have found or reinvented my self piece by piece from this simple journey. For 2016, I have promised myself for some real adventure. I hope universe will hear my little prayer again. I will not hold back.

cheers!



CVB

No comments:

Post a Comment