Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Book Survey

I just found this on my blog walking. Cited from Winna Effendi's official blog, I just realize that there's a difference between writer book list and ordinary person book list. Hahaha...
My books selection were mostly about romance and non-fiction. Less numbers on Classical books T_T. I really wanted to read all the classics first. However, here was the thing. Back in my hometown, I didn't have access to go to public library so often, it was faraway. Second reason or excuse you may say, we didn't have a lot of imported books at the bookstores. The real excuse is, now I can read and write in English, I prefer to read imported book in English, not in Indonesian translation. hehehe. I can go to Periplus and grab English written books and drown my self into it; however, I am still hooked by Indonesian non-fiction, and there's a bad habit of me, I am not a good reader, since if it's not really enjoyable (in my opinion), I will finish it very late, just like what I am reading right now. Amba by Laskmi Pamuntjak. A very heavy Indonesian literature in my standard haha. But, interesting theme. Anyway, I just do this survey for fun! :D


Author you’ve read the most books from:

Dewi Lestari and Clara Ng I guess. Both are Indonesian authors. All of Dewi Lestari's books I have read. On the other hand, I only read Clara Ng's metropop selections and her early books. Love "Tiga Venus" and "Dimsum Terakhir" so much. I like her collaboration with Icha Rachmanti as well in "Pintu Harmonika". Don't forget my new favorite author, Agustinus Wibowo

Best Sequel Ever:

To be honest with you, I am a Harry Potter fan haha. Though, I enjoyed Famous Five when I was elementary schoo and Dewi Lestari's sequel 

Currently Reading:

Amba by Laskmi Pamuntjak

Drink of Choice While Reading:

Hot mocha from Starbucks, or warm tea will be good enough

E-reader or Physical Book?

Totally Physical Book. Reading on screen hurts my eyes.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

Probably Fred Weasley from harry Potter hahaha

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

Unforgettable by Winna Effendi, Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri (this was because I took contemporary lit, so it was one of books that I had to read).

Hidden Gem Book:

Test Pack by Ninit Yunita. Btw, she is the wife of Aditya Mulya, the author of Jomblo.And Traveller Tales by 4 authors including Ninit yunita and Aditya Mulya

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

Reading in the toilet as my homework. I took overloaded credit, and didn't expect that my homework for two classes was to finish books T_T. However, enjoyed it very well :)

Just Finished:

Perempuan by Mochtar Lubis

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

Horror... and self help for some reason ;)

Longest Book You’ve Read:

Sokola Alit by Butet, I was not hooked enough to finish it, so I read it over 3 months I guess. nad yes Jodi Picoult, My sister's keeper.

Major book hangover because of:

Harry Potter series, especially the seventh one.

Number of Bookcases You Own:

Only one, but I think I need to get another one soon

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

The seventh book of Harry Potter, Tiga Venus by Clara Ng, and Perahu Kertas by Dee

Preferred Place To Read:

Walter Library UofM haha, Starbucks, and cozy couch

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

Many, but can't recall any of it. I still remember, 5cm by Donny Dhirgantoro full of post it, because they have very cool quotes hehe

Reading Regret:

sampai novelnya pun aku lupa. Yang pasti cuma 3 halaman pertama, sudah malas ngelanjutin

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):

Agustinus Wibowo, Asian African journey - Titik Nol
Dee's supernova

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

Harry Potter, Famous Five, Garis Batas

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

not particularly

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

Dee's next book!

Worst Bookish Habit:

Buying books and finding it boring or not exciting, dragging it all along

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

Well, my shelf is in my hometown, can't reach it anyway haha

Your latest book purchase:

My Big Bollywood Wedding by Reekha Waheed nand Jakarta 24 jam

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

The Harry Potter series and Agustinus Wibowo's books,

Just to note:I still have Titik Nol by Agustinus Wibowo and Sokola Alit to finish (I started it earlier but stopped in the middle), Three cups of tea, and Little house on the prairie, need to be finished soon...
and I already have my book wishlist set
 to kill a mocking bird, more classics, and Revenge wears Prada, also Syahmedi Dean's

BAHAYA!


 


CVB

No comments:

Post a Comment