Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Why did I start blogging?

You might have wondered why on earth I could blabber freely about my life, my story, and my thoughts? Were I seeking for attention? Did I not care about privacy?
I have been questioning my self more nowadays. Just because I am back in Indonesia... where people's thought are somewhat important. Though, nobody really protested me, only one of my friends ever said that she would not post anything like I did. She thought, it was not for public's consumption. Here, I am not seeking for an excuse but literally questioning and answering my self at the same time.

When did I start writing a blog?
I think I started with friendster's blognote if you can recall what's friendster is. It was in my senior high years. I think most of my posts were reviews and thoughts. I gained my liking in writing since junior high, but first encounter with blogging in Senior high. Then, I moved to the states. I started posting regularly. Mostly about what I have experienced. Living by my self gave me a lot of time to do thinking, observing, and realizing. Thus, I could really catch detail over what I experienced and found it fascinating. Could get an exciting point of view; thus, I was driven to share. Mostly again about my experience and thoughts. I got a few good comments among my friendster list. They would read it because they would get email saying I posted a blog.
In the second year in Seattle, I made my first blogspot account. It was not really active. I wrote more on facebook notes (I moved to facebook finally). On my blogspot was about some monkey love story haha. Had a big crush. Oh no.
I made a serious comeback in my junior year in Minneapolis. I moved from blogspot to wordpress. My first hit was about my birth day story. I got a lot of positive feedbacks from my college friends. I started having a regular readers whilst I began to write regularly. It was more about college life. What I did, what I got, a little thoughts, and my new favorite; prose. I started to enjoy sharing via a blog. I had a minimum conversation a day when I was in the U. Thus, blogging was kinda my way to communicate. Not saying I was an anti social, but because we were so busy.
I also enjoyed it because it kept me connected with my relatives in the Netherland or in other continent. Kept my friends updated as well. They knew what I went trough, trough a blog. I think blogging was handy.

Now. Why did I start blogging?
Thoughts. Ideas. Loves of writing. Many things. I often found my self had a million things jumbled around in my head; thus, I write it down to make it organized. Started with that, it becomes my habit. Enjoy of writing was one of the biggest reason, but I am not gonna lie that I would like to share my experiences. I was really into blogging when I went abroad, away of my family. Also, when I knew I had regular readers, I was more excited to blog. According to an article of my fave magazines, write an expressive writing such as diary or blogging can help you increasing immune system and lower your stress level. I have mentioned about that in previous posts. Writng is therapeutic.

Am I seeking for popularity? Not really. It's just felt happy when people read my blog. Sometimes they commented, sometimes they were just silent readers. I have made a lot of blog walking. I was in love with a couple blogs of Santa Ursula students. They were my entertainment when I stuck with my final project back in college. The posts were simply about their daily life, and it looked healthy and fun. They started it as a school task. Some of them continued, some not. Had a blog walking was like reading a new book. You know some other stories, some other thoughts, some other silliness. Excitement of sharing. Nothing more.

I dont mind share my personal stories. It is better to tell what is really going on rather than to make people have speculations. It is a better way to get to know my self as well. Not telling you know more about me, but I do too. By blogging, I know my self too. Getting feedbacks are also helping.
I dont know how long I will blog. Will my posts are read by thousands of people like other bloggers? There's a slight wish of that, but for now, I am contented with what I have been doing.
Now, I used to have this huge urge to tell the world that I have watched, encountered, or listened to amazing thngs; thus, I created Sivibi's Mabog which I try to update it weekly. My weakness is lack of discipline. Why do I need such a discipline? To be more serious about blogging. It is fun to do. It is also my way to make my writing getting better. Therefore, I humbly want to thank all of you
For my silent readers out there...
Thank you...
Because of you I still blogging. Keeping my mind healthy.

Please don't get sick of "Isi kepala saya yang berantakan"
took it a year ago, with my Dellby (laptop) was not handicapped and my samsung phone was still alive. 



NEXT on MABOG will be about 'Annie' and a gist of musical world.



CVB

No comments:

Post a Comment