Saturday, January 7, 2017

New Year - New Spirit

New year.
New responsibilities.
New challenges.
New page.
and perhaps new hair cut.

But now, let's take a look back to 2016.
As I have repeated and scattered around the posts here in there, 2016 was a year full of surprises. The bad ones and also the good ones. It was a year of evolving. It was exactly like an apprentice got a harsh training, when she passed the test, there's a reward, but then the trainer gave a little twist here and there. Crazy. It was one full of many emotions.



First half of 2016 was incredibly harsh. I got traumatised by an event in February 2016 which I could not go into details. By June, everything is starting to go into places. However, things are still unsure. The fate of Malang office was ambiguous throughout 2016. Not to mention, my plan to go to South Korea was also in the shaky place.
I was trying not to expect too much in the end of the day. A bit mellow here and there. But, I got my supporters behind me :) Especially my Tiga Srikandi. I am salute. They were strong enough even though they got such a blurred future as well.

Tiga Srikandi

By the smeared of faith, I got through 2016, and November was the peaks of almost everything. I got my visa approved to South Korea a week before departure. Furthermore, I got a call a day before I got my long vacation. The answer that Malang team seek was finally revealed, but not without surprise. I was asked to move to Surabaya, Malang office will keep going and still under my supervision. What a twist. I never imagined that the end of our road would be like that.

Therefore, here I am typing from Surabaya, exactly a month after my replacement. Meaning, 2017 started off fresh. New things, new responsibilities, new circumstances, new hair cut I may add. I passed 2016 with a lot of repressed emotion. I was over-whelmed for even the last days of 2016, it still gave me little surprise. However, I was not letting it to stir my faith in life. Faith about believing one heart says. No matter how hard my heart feels in grief, there is still a calamity in it. Strange, but it is what it is.

2016 was indeed a year of twists and weddings and a lot of flying. From a wedding in Kuala Lumpur, a bridesmaid in Medan, another wedding in Jakarta, and my bestie's wedding in Surbaya and Solo. Fiuh!!! Lots of weddings indeed.

Cacuk's day - Kuala Lumpur

Elvina - Solo


Eriko - Jakarta

Ket2 - Surabaya

Nevertheless, I couldn't lie that 2016 also gave me a lot of second chances! A chance to repair an old wound, a taste of simple love, a reminder for giving in, a dream or two coming true. At least, I got to go to South Korea. It meant a lot despite the unfortunate event involving losing money, it wouldn't lessen my gratitude towards life. 2016 has prepared me for a bigger me in 2017. It knew that all events happened o form a stronger me. 2017 started off pretty rough. New circumstances, new responsibilities, and suddenly a closed friend of mine might have a problem that he tries to process by himself first. Hope he is doing well, hope I can adjust fast. I am pretty positive that everything is going alright.
I also want to give a little space for those who left the world in 2016. One of them was my grandpa's sister in law. Please don't surprise if I am closed to my big family, including the extended family. Oma Hetty was one of those who kept closed with us even afteropa Tjiong *grandpa's brother passed away years ago. She even presented when my mom passed away in 2013. Couldn't forget about it. Love her spirit and I am missing her sweet smile. Also Maciu. Ah Maciu... she's one of my nannies when I was little. She's my mambo's aunt. Hope you two have a smooth journey. May God forgive all your sins and we love you.


Oh my. looking back the past two years, I am basically aware that each year has its own big theme. 2015 was a year of fulfilled prayers. 2016 was a year of twists. and.. how about 2017? Regardless the big theme that is going to be plotted, here is the list I want to list for 2017. The more realistic ones.


1. 20 books reading challenge.
2. 60 kg, 3 kg more to go haha
3. Building up a steadier praying habit :)
4. Traveling to Penang and the Netherlands, possibly South Korea again if things getting crazier :)
5. Laid back, Relax... Enjoy the ride.


Have fun! Not to worry over things, falling in love! Not afraid of heartbroken or sadness. Life is too short to be wasted. It is cliche, and true at the same time :)

In 2016, I have learned that every hardship as the antidotes haha. The bad things and the good things happening hand in hand.




Oh 2016, thank you soooo mucccchhh. More things to be grateful compared all the crazy shits happened. I love it. Though I have to admit, that I concluded 2016 with a tear in my eyes and smiling, all at once.
My new year eve was a blessing. I got to wait till midnight with my grand ma and grand pa. They are 95 years old! However, my grandma could stll read and told her opinion. She gave me a little wisdom that night. She told me "kau harus berdoa. berdoa saja. cerita apa yang kau punya susah. Nanti biar Tuhan yang atur" - translated as "you have to pray. Just pray. Tell what is burdening you. Let God takes care of it" what a blessing! :) My 95 year old oma is jjang!

my beautiful oma... 


Hello 2017. I am ready! Bring it on!





CVB

No comments:

Post a Comment