Monday, September 21, 2015

Small Miracle

I never imagine that my life can be so dynamic. Full of surprise. Work has brought me to many unpredictable encounters, including this very one. I am still out of words, speechless, bewildered, or any other subjective that shows how hard for me to believe it. It is still uggh...but in a good term.

In my second year in Seattle, I was the head of Indonesian Catholic Youth Group or Mudika. This group is spread around the globe, including north America. Seattle and Vancouver are 2 hours away; thus, we usually got together. When I was the head, I have been contacted with heads of Mudika from other states, including Vancouver. Let's call him Z. We only contacted via facebook and email.
It was back in 2009 then and I did not even dream that we would meet in person. Our friendship was limited on newsfeed and seasonal greetings. Not more than that. I only knew what was happening in his life roughly from what he posted.
Then, life is funny indeed. 2 weeks ago, I saw a familiar face came into the meeting room at one of Catholic high schools here in Malang. I was convinced that it was Z. I called his name and yes it was him!!! It was something that made me out of words. Just like "whoaaaa" "wooow". hahaha... It was like a pandora box. Suddenly it just appeared in front of your eyes. It was more shocking than meeting Angga from Maliq and the Essentials. 

Oh well, we had a week to do a little catch up. We even forgot how we started to know each other. He even asked whether we've met before or not. lol. It was just hilarious. This can be considered a miraculous meeting, well .. I think I now can add it to my magical meeting, something that unexpectedly making me happy.
I started to count small miracles that happened around me. Unpredictable encounters, meeting people that can accept you well, thinking about having pizza and suddenly someone offered you a slice of pizza, sick of going alone at church then a friend just sat next to you, a song that is in your head sang by a choir, dreaming about going to US again and your manager said that you are offered to go there for a business trip. Those things. Every little things matter.

Indeed, every little things do matter. Fact that you are actually seeing with your brain, I am typing these words in my second language, my cactus Elmo just having little babies, he's about regenerating ;), dogs recognize his owner, Morning ray, anything.

I read back all the posts that I have posted here in my blog and the old ones, most posts are telling about how things work in its own way. Things that making me grateful.
small miracles
we’re making small miracles
from the smile that we give to each other
everyday, anytime, anyway
small miracles
we’re making more miracles
thank God we’re alive - Bonita and the Hus Band, 'Small Miracle'
It is indeed starting with a simple thing. A smile, a fresh air, a plate of warm food, oh really those things. Some people still search what is the meaning of one's life. What is the matter of one's existence. In what purpose. These questions are OK to be asked of course. As Lewis states, "Miracles are a RETELLING in SMALL LETTERS of the VERY SAME STORY which is WRITTEN across the whole world in LETTERS TOO LARGE for some of us to see" We sometimes missed it just because it is too simple. Be aware that we are now making small miracles. Counts everything, the bads and goods. And you feel different. You eventually have answers of those questions.
More positive things are coming to you in the end...

Just do a simple greet, take care of your own room, say hi to  your mom and dad, just that..




Because it is a miracle itself that we are now breathing and alive.



Bonita and the Hus Band from the album Small miracles

CVB

No comments:

Post a Comment