Thursday, July 17, 2014

Books Haul

Been seen "Beauty Haul" all over internet, and here is my haul
BOOKS HAUL
As I promised :)
I am so into books shopping lately.
Cant help myself to not piling up books at home even tho one book hasnt finished yet. I have suffered from "desperately searching syndrome" of some books that I said... "oh I could buy it later after I finished the one I currently read" Dang! Wrong! It will be vanished in no time or put in the end of corner, invisible. Horrifying hahahaha
Yes! I sound too much.
Anyway... here are some titles of books that I bought for the past 2 months
From upper left to right. Down left to right:
1. Draft 1 menulis fiksi pertamamu by Winna Effendi
I have seen this books for years. Finally decided to purchase it when I saw it again in my last month visit to Gramedia. Plus, Wina Effendi is a fine writer. I love Unforgetable. She wrote it uniquely.
2. Little Stories by Rinrin Indrianie, Vera Mensana, Adeste Adipriyanti, Faye Yolody, Rieke Saraswati.
This book is a lotus project. It's a project of writing short stories. They are given themes. I thought it would be fascinating :)
3. Titik Nol by Agustinus Wibowo. The one I had before was ruined because of flood. Sad! I havent finished it; thus, I decided to buy it again. But then, I postponed it until when I wanted to buy, it was nowhere to find. Finally, when I went to Jakarta, I visited gramedia and found only couple of them were left. No hesitation! Titik Nol is about Agustinus' trip to Nepal, India, and Himalaya. Also, his spiritual journey, because he lost his mother.
4. Princess, Bajak Laut, dan Alien by Icha Rachmanti and Clara NG. Another no-hesitation purchase. Both are my favorite authors. They have collaborated in making "Pintu Harmonika" and I loved it.
5. The Faults in our Stars by John Green. Bought it because so many of my friends posted it in instagram, but I felt a little regret even I haven't read it. I watched the movie and not really fascinated about it.
6. The Destinasean by Ariev Rahman, Adam dan Susan Poskitt, Adis Takdos, Dendi Riandi, Eka Situmorang-sir, Marischka Prudence, Oryza Irwanto, and Puti Karina. First seen it in Puty's site as she is one of the contributor. It is about traveling in Southeast Asia! The book was found in the corner of Traveling part. Literally in the corner and only 2 left!
7. Burung-burung Manyar by Y.B. Mangunwijaya. Oh My God. Best Purchase ever! Still fresh in the new arrival piles. First book that caught my eyes. Been searched this too long. Y.B. Manugnwijaya is a Catholic Priest who contribute a lot to the country, society, literature, and architecture. Have read his works before, and love it. Humorous and well written. 
8. Negeri Van Oranje by Adept Widiarsa, Nisa Riyadi, Rizki Pandu Permana. Never heard of them, never heard of the book. I bought it because I am so into Dutch lately, missing my university life (it's about student abroad's life), and best seller sticker on it. Ok, I give it a try. Doubt, yes. But... oh well.



Now, the question is what should I read next?
Something light, to bring to Makassar (travelling).
Any idea?
To Kill A Mockingbird is almost finish :)

CVB

No comments:

Post a Comment