Wednesday, December 26, 2018

I bid adieu


22nd of August in 2013, I first came to Surabaya and on 22nd of December in 2018, I flew one way flight to Makassar. I am home for good (again). 2013-2018 was indeed a very colorful period in my life. Never in a minute, that I was putting to stay still. Things were dynamics, were ups and downs, and were ended in unexpected twist. Nevertheless, everything does not leave me in regrets, but a grateful heart. This post is about me saying 'good byes' to things that have given me so much life. I will divide it into 3 parts.

First of all, I bid adieu for Surabaya. I am going to go home for good. I have spent almost 3 and a half year in Surabaya and 1 and a half in Malang. Total 5 years. The conversation was just carried in the afternoon, a day before my departure. My big boss asked me..
"How many years you have been away from home?"
"5 years working with you and 4 years for college. Total 9 years sir"
"so... what have you learned for all these years?
I answered... "I know my self better. I meet my self" As in fact, I think that confidence is everything, and you need to know yourself well to be confident in yourself.
I believe tha a person needs to go out from her/his comfort zone at least once in a lifetime to know the real taste of world. A better understanding of oneself since you will deal everything by yourself.
Indeed as one has said... "Travel far and you'll meet yourself"


Surabaya is a wonderful city. People are more civilised compared to Makassar, my home town. Compared to other cities in Indonesia in general. You can see it on the road. People know the rules. Talking about the people, they are more professional too. The hospitality in on another level. Small or big places, most of the staff has a certain level in serving. I will miss ths the most. The customer service is sincere for most cases. Second, I will miss Pecel Tumpang so much. One of the few foods that I can only find in East Java. First, I hated it, but I grew fond of it more and more. Third, I will miss seeing pork menu on public place, like food courts in some area. Many restaurants in the hotels or in certain area will serve pork.

pecel tumpang
Now, I am going to bid adieu for 2018.
It is no easy year as well, but things are getting revealed. The bads and the goods. It teaches me to see in every sides. By that, I know what I did wrong, and what I did right. I learn not to blame on oneself , and I understand not everyone is on the same level of understanding about this.2018 has another plot twisted ending, but it surely for a better thing. I cant wait about 2019. Dreams and to do list are written and I know that trust the timing...
2018 is a year full of sweet escapes, a year full of tests, a year full of heartwarming stories, another year to fight for. This year I went to Semarang in Chinese New Year, I went o Matt Maher's concert, and Project Pop!!!
August 2018

I met Rina in 2018 June
Lastly, I am going bid adieu for my 20s, in 4 months, I am going to enter 30hood with a better personality. I know what I lack, and what I am good at. I was losing my self in the beginning of 2018 because I did not trust my self. I have values that I ignored. I did not fight back because I forgot how strong I am. All the things happened in 2018 especially in December made me understand that I am strong that is why people felt intimidated, and it was not my fault.

Also, I am going to bid adieu to Blogpost. Strawbearies will be continued in Wordpress platform with more thoughtfull posts. Thank you blogpost for being a home for Strawbearies for 7 years!!!!!

For the 2019 Chendani, I will walk with my head up, but with a tied toungue to say things that are not destructive. But, I am not going to be fake because I am not. All these experiences in Java taught me to be wise with my words. This Chendani is good enough, but there is no reason why I shouldn't be better :)

So 2019...

let's do it!
CVB

No comments:

Post a Comment